> Businesses > An NGO

Secondary Roads, Drains and Municipal Infrastructure

Each Municipal Corporation in Trinidad is responsible for developing and maintaining the physical infrastructure for the communities that fall within their jurisdiction.  The corporations provide the following services:

  • Construction and maintenance of roads and pavements (excluding main roads and highways).
  • Construction and maintenance of drains and watercourses (excluding main watercourses and highway watercourses).
  • Construction and maintenance of bridges on secondary roads and state traces.
  • Provision and maintenance of street signs for secondary roads and state traces.
  • Naming of streets and numbering of houses.

How can I make a request?

Requests for the provision or maintenance of community infrastructure should be submitted to the corporation's CEO or the Councillor responsible for the area concerned. The request will be forwarded to the Municipal Corporation for consideration and will be placed on a programme of works if recommended by the Council. Letters of request to the Councillor can be sent in care of the corporation.  Follow the link below for contact information for all Municipal Corporations.

back to top

Additional Information

Additional information can be obtained by contacting your Municipal Corporation using the link provided below. Residents of Tobago should contact:

Tobago House of Assembly
Administrative Complex
Calder Hall
Tobago, West Indies
Tel. (868) 639-3421
Opening hours: 8:00 am to 4:15 pm, Monday to Thursday, and 8:00 am to 4:00 pm on Friday, except public holidays
    Municipal Corporations Contact Information

back to top