Top e-Services

Tobago Home Improvement Grant and Subsidy Programme

The Tobago House of Assembly (THA) is committed to improving the quality of housing in Tobago.  The THA offers the following Home Improvement Programmes through the Division of Settlements and Labour.

Home Completion Programme

Grant to complete new home construction:
This programme is designed to assist persons who have commenced construction of their home, but are unable to complete construction due to financial constraints. This programme funds activities such as purchase and installation of windows and doors, guttering of houses, sealing works and other minor works up to $20,000.00

back to top

Home Improvement Subsidy

Non-repayable grant for home repairs:
This programme is designed to assist persons who have large projects to undertake and have available funds to contribute. The applicant’s contribution (evidenced by bills no older than 6 months old) is matched dollar-for-dollar up to $20,000.00

back to top

Home Improvement Grant

Non-repayable grant for home repairs:
This programme is designed to assist persons with minor additions and renovation works up to $15,000.00

back to top

Beneficiary Owned Land (B.O.L)

New home construction programme:
This programme assists persons in legal possession of residential land, wishing to construct a home. Construction assistance given in the form of a non-repayable grant up to $50,000.00

back to top

How do I apply?

  • Applications are processed once all the requested documents are received and an interview conducted.

  • After careful assessment, applicants are contacted to schedule an inspection.

  • Once the inspection is satisfactory, financial assistance is then processed.

back to top

What documents do I need to apply?

The following documents are needed to apply for any of the above grants:

1. Completed application form
2. Copy of birth certificate
3. Copy of Identification card/passport/marriage certificate (where applicable)
4. Evidence of citizenship
5. Copy of recent utility bills
6. Copy of deed/statutory declaration/certificate of title
7. Estimate for labour & material
8. Quotation for construction or B.O.Q. where applicable *
9. Approved building plans *
10. Conditional approval from financial institution (if applicable)*
11. Affidavit stating non-ownership of additional residential property*

* For Beneficiary Owned Land (B.O.L) applications only

back to top

Where can I find more information?

For more information on THA housing, or to obtain an application form, please contact:

The Department of Settlements
Bobtail Building
Smithfield Road
Telephone: 1-868-639-6800
Fax: 639-3494
Opening hours: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday, except public holidays

back to top