Financial Difficulties Abroad

Trinidad and Tobago nationals travelling abroad sometimes experience financial difficulties due to unforeseen circumstances.  Such situations can usually be resolved easily and quickly by transferring money from Trinidad and Tobago through commercial money transfer agencies.  Trinidad and Tobago Overseas Missions can provide information on local money transfer agencies.  If these channels are not available, the Trinidad and Tobago Overseas Mission can contact your relatives or friends in Trinidad and Tobago to ask them to send you funds either directly or through the Ministry of Foreign and CARICOM Affairs.

The Ministry of Foreign and CARICOM Affairs is unable, under any circumstances, to give loans or to pay expenses incurred by Trinidad and Tobago nationals abroad.

Where can I find more information?

For more information, or if you require any form of assistance, please contact the Trinidad and Tobago Embassy, High Commission or Consulate nearest you, or the Ministry of Foreign and CARICOM Affairs.  Please follow the link below for a list of overseas missions.  The Consular staff will be pleased to help you.

The Ministry of Foreign and CARICOM Affairs offices are open 8:15 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Thursday and between 8:15am to 4:15pm on Fridays, except public holidays.

Ministry of Foreign and CARICOM Affairs 
2 Prada Street
St. Clair
Newtown 190325
Tel: (868) 623-6894, (868) 285-5029
Fax: (868) 627-6859

Trinidad and Tobago Embassies, High Commissions, Consulates and Honorary Consuls

back to top