Consular Services

The Ministry of Foreign and CARICOM Affairs provides a range of services to assist Trinidad and Tobago citizens travelling or living overseas.   Protecting the interest of nationals abroad is one of the central roles of the Ministry and key element of Government policy.

What are Consular Services?

The Consular Services provided are:

  • Issuing temporary passports or emergency travel documents.
  • Assisting people detained, arrested or imprisoned abroad.
  • Advise on how to transfer funds in case of emergency.
  • Providing assistance in connection with deaths abroad and the return of remains to Trinidad and Tobago.
  • Assisting with locating missing persons.
  • Authentication of documents.
  • Registration of nationals abroad.

back to top

How do I access Consular Services?

Contact the Trinidad and Tobago Embassy, High Commission or Consulate in the country you reside  or are visiting. In countries where Trinidad and Tobago does not have resident representatives, consular services are offered through Honorary Consuls.  Follow the link below for a list of Trinidad and Tobago Embassies, High Commissions, Consulates and Honorary Consuls.


If you are in Trinidad and Tobago and require assistance related to any of the consular services listed above, or if you have a friend or relative overseas who requires assistance, please contact the Ministry of Foreign and CARICOM Affairs.  The Ministry of Foreign and CARICOM Affairs offices are open 8:15 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Thursday and between 8:15am to 4:15pm on Fridays, except public holidays.


Level 10 - 14, Tower C
International Waterfront Complex
Wrightson Road
Port of Spain
Telephone: (868) 623-6894
Fax: (868) 623-5029


Trinidad and Tobago Embassies, High Commissions, Consulates and Honorary Consuls

back to top