Old Age Pension

The Senior Citizens’ Grant is a monthly grant given to persons 65 years of age and over, based on their income. If your income is less than $100.00 per month, you are entitled to a monthly grant of $1,950.00. If your income is between $101.00 and $1,000.00 per month, you will receive a grant of $1,850.00

Am I eligible?

To qualify for this grant you must be 65 years and over and:

  • Have a monthly income of $2,800.00 or less.
  • Have resided in Trinidad and Tobago for 20 years before the date of the application. Periods of absence from the country must not total more than five years during those 20 years, or the applicant must have lived a total of 60 years in Trinidad and Tobago.

back to top

How do I apply?

  • Follow the link below to obtain an application form. Forms can also be collected from the Social Welfare Division office in your district.  Contact information for all district offices can be found by following the link below.
  • Return the completed application form to your Social Welfare Division office.
  • You may be asked to attend a meeting with the Local Public Assistance Board, which makes the decision on all applications.


You have the right to appeal the decision of the Local Board to the Central Board if your application is rejected.



Old Age Pension Claim Form


Social Welfare Division Offices

back to top

What documents do I need?

  • Identification card.
  • Passport.
  • Birth certificate and/or affidavit (if your name does not appear on your birth certificate).
  • Marriage certificate (for married women).
  • Information from past or present employers.
  • National Insurance information.
  • Bank passbook/Fixed deposit certificate.
  • Any other relevant documents requested by the social welfare officer.

back to top

Where can I find more information?

For more information on how to apply for this grant and the eligibility criteria, please contact the Social Welfare Division office in your district.


You can also visit the Ministry of Social Development and Family Services website.


Senior Citizens' Grant

Social Welfare Division Offices

back to top







Forms and Other Downloads

back to top