Public Health and Sanitation Services
Municipal corporations are responsible for managing public health and sanitation in Trinidad. The Tobago House of Assembly is responsible for similar function in Tobago. A list of the public health functions of the municipal corporations is provided below:
- Collection and disposal of garbage from public and private property.
- Development and maintenance of sanitary landfills (in San Fernando, Arima and Point Fortin) and rodent control.
- Fumigation of premises (in San Fernando, Arima and Point Fortin).
- Cleaning of cesspits and cesspools.
- Provision and maintenance of public convenience toilets.
- Abatement of public nuisances (such as unsanitary conditions).
- Issuing of food badges and licenses for food premises.
- Provision of canine control.
- Dissemination of information on environmental health.
Where can I find more information?
Additional information regarding the services listed above can be obtained from the Public Health Inspector at any municipal corporation. Follow the link below for a list of municipal corporations in Trinidad. Residents of Tobago should contact the office below.
The Public Health Inspector
Department of Public Health
Tobago House of Assembly
Public Health Compound
Tobago, West Indies
Tel. (868) 639-1252/1433
Opening hours: 8:00 am to 4:15 pm, Monday to Thursday, and 8:00 am to 4:00 pm on Friday, except public holidays
Municipal Corporations Contact Information
back to top